E.E. Ward Moving & Storage

E.E. Ward Moving & Storage

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last Day Reflections

Hello dear readers,
     My name is Scott Eisen, and I have been the Marketing/Social Media Intern here since May 15th. Today is my last day here at E.E. Ward, and I can happily say that this has been a great experience for me. The one that I enjoyed the most here is the freedom that I was given to run the social media outlets for this company. I would like to thank both Otto Beatty III and Brian Brooks, co-owners of E.E. Ward North American, for allowing me to control the social media and use my understanding of the platform to positively promote the company. You would think that working for a small company would be boring and there would be little to do, but I found the exact opposite here. Trying to market something that does not have a national reputation takes both creativity and persistence. Again, Mr. Brooks and Mr. Beatty let me experiment with certain marketing techniques and allowed me to grow as a creative marketer.
         The office here can be hectic at times when the phones are like a ringing symphony and a customer's file has been misplaced, but in the end the E.E. Ward team always seems to come through. This is due to the competence and experience of every person on the staff. As much as I am wanting to go back to school, I know I will miss this place and everyone in it. You have all made this a truly great summer and a wonderful experience. My only regret is that I could of worked harder at times and let more people know about the wonderful things happening here. What has truly astonded me about the staff is the care given for each move. No one move is considered more valuable than another and all people and possessions are treated with the upmost respect. This is what makes E.E. Ward a truly special place.
        Today, I had E.E. Ward move my stuff back to school in Indiana. It was a weird feeling for me, having something from my present summer moving my possession to my future home, but I guess it was symbolic in a way. It is almost like E.E. Ward prepared me for my future in the work place and it's shepherding me on to the next phase of my life. Just so you all know, the load went smoothly, but that's because it was done by E.E. Ward
        I have done some interesting things this summer for the company, from making a presentation in front of the President of North American Van Lines, to creating an entirly new template for sales reports, to coming into the office at 11 AM on a Saturday right after a soccer game, I have enjoyed every minute spent here. So to Otto, Brian, Lisa, Chris, Mike, Teresa, Abby, Denise, Rich, Dale, and Billy, thank you so much for a wonderful summer and I wish you all good health, good times, and an increase in overall company revenue.

Just Some of My Summer Family


-Scott Eisen
 Former Marketing Intern as of 5:00 P.M. on August 9th. 2011
 

No comments:

Post a Comment